The UFC Fight Night event on March 2 now has its headliner, and it features a pair of heavy-handed fighters.
Meeting in the main event will be Jairzinho Rozenstruik and Shamil Gaziev. The heavyweight clash takes place at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas. MMA Junkie confirmed the news of the main event shift following a first report from Eurosport NL.
Rozenstruik (13-5 MMA, 7-5 UFC) will be looking to rebound from a submission loss to Jailton Almeida last May. “Bigi Boy” is no stranger to headlining UFC events, as this booking will be his sixth main event assignment. He has previously faced Alistair Overeem, Ciryl Gane, Augusto Sakai, Alexander Volkov, and Almeida in headliners.
The undefeated Gaziev (12-0 MMA, 1-0) will enter his first UFC main event after just one fight in the promotion. After submitting Greg Velasco on Dana White’s Contender Series in September, Gaziev went on to pick up a standing TKO victory over Martin Buday in his promotional debut at UFC 296.
The lineup for the March 2 event in Las Vegas includes:
- Jairzinho Rozenstruik vs. Shamil Gaziev
- Muhammad Mokaev vs. Alex Perez
- Yanis Ghemmouri vs. Vinicius Oliveira
- Abdul-Kareem Al-Selwady vs. Loik Radzhabov
- Eryk Anders vs. Jamie Pickett
- Joel Alvarez vs. Ludovit Klein
- Javid Basharat vs. Aiemann Zahabi
- Josefine Knutsson vs. Julia Polastri
- Brendon Marotte vs. Mohammad Yahya
- Tyson Pedro vs. Vitor Petrino
- Stephen Erceg vs. Matt Schnell
- Christian Duncan vs. Claudio Ribeiro
Be sure to visit the MMA Junkie Instagram page and YouTube channel to discuss this and more content with fans of mixed martial arts.